Monday, August 10, 2009

The Page Turns

Ok, This is the last night I'll spend in Singapore whilst living here. The last time I'll feel that warm, moist, night air for months on end.

So the page turns, one chapter ends, the next begins.

My Singapore life is over tonight, and that's alright, it was a damn good life, damn good, but this crazy gypsy has to keep moving.

A new chapter is about to be written, this one is set in annapolis, and begins at 7 am on the 11th.

All I know about it, mostly from foreshadowing, is that it'll involve a gay couple, 2 chihuahuas, a Polish woman, a nicely sized room, a lot of classes, a car, a new phone, probably more sex then now, but less drinking probably, and excersize, that's on the list anyway.

Should be interesting enough, hopefully I can manage a few romantic sub plots, and some way of legally making money.
I guess that people will just have to follow this blog to find out.

I've said my goodbyes.
One of the more emotional ones was when I was on orchard road, right at that hour where all the mynah birds start looking for a nest for the night, and the air is full of moving black shapes and the sound of a thousand birds chirping. And I just took about 5 minutes to stand there, breath in the air, take in the sound and watch the birds.
I've packed my things.
One suitcase, filled to the brim. one laptop bag. two boxes. one box of clothes to go to the needy. and a closet full of books and useless objects i couldnt/shouldnt throw away. That there is my entire life's worth of things.

Goodbye Singapore, Hello America.

No comments:

Post a Comment